In Carlsbad, North San Diego, activities and entertainment are endless. If you are visiting us from an international country, we would be delighted to assist you and answer any questions regarding American travel. Common United States travel tips are, as follows:
- We recommend that you double-check with your cell phone service provider on the scope of your plan, as many cell phone services only operate if international coverage is included.
- Tipping is customary. Skipping a tip is perceived as an insult. If you have an unfavorable experience, ask for a manager.
- At restaurants, tips are normally 15-20% of the bill. At bars, tips are near $1 per drink.
- Tour services, spas, and salons normally receive a 20% tip.
- A variety of car rental companies are available. Car rental companies require you to be 21 years old (with surcharges), or at least 25 years old to rent and operate a vehicle.
- Our Concierge would be happy to assist you with arranging a taxi-cab or a luxury sedan. Taxis are not readily available in North San Diego; however, they typically arrive at the resort between 10-15 minutes once called.
- United States and San Diego drivers drive on the right-hand side of the road.
- The legal driving age in California is 16 years old, and all drivers must have a valid driver’s license.
- Speed is measured in miles per hour.
- Driving while talking on a cell phone is illegal in California.
- Driving while consuming alcohol or with a blood alcohol content level above 0.08% is illegal in California.
- Local banks are available within a 5-minute drive for complete currency exchange.
- Our Front Desk may be able to assist with currency exchange in small denominations and limited currencies.
- The United States operates on a standard measurement system. Metric conversion calculators are available through our Concierge or online.